The path to a successful diving career requires commitment and a not inconsiderable investment of time and money.
Proper preparation reduces your stress during the IDC and allows you to better absorb and apply the information conveyed in the course. To get the most out of our program, you should start your IDC today.
1. Check whether you meet all requirements to participate in the IDC / AI / IE:
- Member of PADI as a certified PADI Divemaster or as an instructor with the teaching status of another diving training organization
- Minimum age 18 years
- Diving medical certificate, not older than 1 year (PADI Medical Statement recommended)
- Certified diver for at least 6 months, at least 100 * dives in the logbook (IE requirement)
- Proof of first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation within the last 2 years
- Certified diver for at least 6 months, at least 60 dives in the logbook (IDC requirement)
2. Check if you have ALL certification certificates from OWD to DM / AI. If you should miss something, contact us as soon as possible so that we can have the certification confirmed by PADI.
3. All tourists receive a 30 day tourist visa upon arrival in Thailand. If you would like to stay longer in Thailand, then contact the nearest Thai representation
4. Get the PADI IDC Crew Pack. That's all you need. (You can get all PADI materials through us at a reduced price).
5. Review your PADI Diving Theory Workbook. This is by far the best preparation for successfully completing the diving theory test during the IEs.
6. Practice using the eRDPML and the table. Most IDC participants are good at using both, but struggle with planning repetitive dives, multilevel dives, and finding the minimum surface interval.
7. Try to assist a PADI Instructor as often as possible. Practice Exercise 7 from the Rescue Diver course and also practice alternating breathing, controlled swimming emergency ascent (vertical and horizontal), and hovering.
8. Check that your personal diving equipment is complete and functional.
9. Take part in our 2-day IDC pre-study program.
10. RELAX! Look forward to an interesting IDC as a well-prepared participant.
Prices do not include:
IE-exam fee: 785 AUD
IDC Crew Pack: ca. 550 USD
IDC fee: 190 AUD
The respective PADI fees must be paid by credit card.
You can find a currency converter HERE.