PADI IDC Staff Instructors are PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainers who have successfully completed an IDC Staff Instructor course. During their training, IDC Staff Instructors get an overview of the entire PADI Instructor Development Program and during the course learn to act as assistants at the instructor level.
IDC Staff Instructors work with Course Directors to develop candidates' teaching skills and shape their attitudes as diving professionals. IDC Staff Instructors are also authorized to independently conduct PADI Assistant Instructor courses.
To take a PADI Staff Instructor course, you must:
1. Be a PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer in teaching status with a current renewal of your PADI membership.
2. Commit to conducting all PADI certification courses and all PADI diving experience programs using methods that are in accordance with PADI standards and philosophy, such as the PADI Instructor Manual described.
3. Commit to using the complete PADI System for Diver Education, including all associated PADI training materials, when conducting PADI courses and programs.
As a PADI IDC Staff Instructor, you are entitled to:
1. To independently train and certify PADI Assistant Instructors
2. To conduct certain training parts of an IDC / IOC under the supervision of a PADI Course Director
3. To assess teaching samples of the IDC / IOC candidates in theory, in the swimming pool (or in confined water) and in the open water and to give them a criticism
4. To advise IDC / IOC candidates and IDC Staff Instructor candidates and conduct additional training
5. To assist in continuing education programs at instructor level
6. Attend orientation and completion of a PADI Instructor Examination